We aim to offer a transparent view as to how we use and store personal data in line with the GDPR.
You may at any time request the personal information that we hold, you may also request for your personal details to be deleted from our database or to unsubscribe to marketing emails.
We promise to keep your data safe. We do not pass on or sell any data we collect on these websites to any other businesses or persons. We do however share the information of your school on third party websites and social media sites to promote your school.
drama classes and dancing classes hereby reserves the right to transfer any data collected in the event of an acquisition, full or partial, of the company or its assets.
Who we are.
dancingclasses.biz is a dance schools directories. We are a partnership and use our data that we have collected to promote schools and classes in the UK, Europe and in other parts of the world. We do not pass our data onto to any third parties.
What personal data we collect and what we do with it.
We collect the following personal data from you:
- Basic contact details: We collect your name, email address, school name and postal address, telephone number and website address so that we can contact you about your school listing on our directory and keep in touch with you from time to time.
- Basic listings do not require payment and do not show contact details.
Getting in touch and keeping in touch:
If you contact us by email, letter or telephone, through our website or by any other means we may keep this information so we can send you relevant advertising deals. We may collect information on your school from other sources such as online directories so we can contact you about future advertising.
How we use your personal data
We use your personal data for the following purposes:
To publish your school listing on our directory and to contact you from time to time, about relevant news and offers. We may keep your listing as a basic listing for up to 15 years and contact you to upgrade your listing or renew your listing from time to time.
If you have registered for our Directory, we share the school information, address and contact details as listed when registered, with third party search engines and social media sites and other relevant business websites so that we can help promote your school to your target audience and drive potential customers to your own website.
- You can unsubscribe from our direct marketing at any time by clicking the “Unsubscribe” link in any of our emails or by contacting us at 44 Nightingale Road, Rickmansworth, Hertfordshire, WD3 7DB
We use the telephone number and email address you have provided to us so that we can call you to discuss the renewal of your listing. You will be contacted for your renewal two weeks before your expiry date and then again two days before your listing is downgraded. The final email is sent to notify you that your listing has reverted to a basic listing.
If in the event, that we haven’t heard from you by the time your listing expires, your school listing will be downgraded to a basic listing. If in the event your school has closed or you no longer wish to be part of our directory you may contact us to ask for removal of all data.
Legal grounds for processing
Data protection law requires us to only process your personal data if we satisfy one or more legal grounds. These are set out in data protection law and we rely on a number of different grounds for the processing we carry out. These are as follows:
In certain circumstances, we process your personal data after obtaining your consent to do so for the purposes of:
- Sending you marketing communications about our products and services;
- Sharing your name, email address, postal address, telephone number and website with our employees so they can call or email about renewals and advertising opportunities.
Necessary for the performance of a contract and to comply with our legal obligations
It is necessary for us to process your basic contact details, payment details and information about the school you own for the performance of the contract between us In particular, we rely on this legal ground to:
- Publish your school listing on our directory and provide you with the service you have requested, including where relevant, advertising your school name and location and contact details of your school on third party search engines, social media sites and other relevant business websites.
- To process payments;
- To provide you with our customer service.
Necessary for the purposes of our legitimate business interests or those of a third party
It is sometimes necessary to collect and use your personal data for the purposes of our legitimate interests as a business, which are to:
- To provide you with services that are as useful and beneficial to your school as possible, including by personalising our contact with you by phone calls, emails or by using automated emails for renewal reminders and making you aware of any current deals and offers or relevant news.
- To confirm whether or not you would like to renew your listing with us. To develop and improve our Directory.
- To respond to any enquiries and to update your microsite on your behalf.
How long we keep your personal data for:
We retain your personal/school data for up to 15 years or until your school closes, or we receive notification that you no longer wish for us to list your school on our website.
Links to other websites
Cookies In Use on This Site
Cookies and how they Benefit You
Our cookies help us:
- Make our website work as you'd expect
- Save you having to login every time you visit the site
- Remember your settings during and between visits
- Offer you free services/content (thanks to advertising)
- Improve the speed/security of the site
- Allow you to share pages with social networks like Facebook
- Continuously improve our website for you
- Make our marketing more efficient (ultimately helping us to offer the service we do at the price we do)
- Collect any personally identifiable information (without your express permission)
- Collect any sensitive information (without your express permission)
- Pass personally identifiable data to third parties
- Pay sales commissions
You can learn more about all the cookies we use below
More about our Cookies
Website Function Cookies
Our own cookies
- Determining if you are logged in or not
- Remembering your search settings
- Remembering if you have accepted our terms and conditions
There is no way to prevent these cookies being set other than to not use our site.
Social Website Cookies
So you can easily “Like” or share our content on the likes of Facebook and Twitter we have included sharing buttons on our site.
Cookies are set by:
The privacy implications on this will vary from social network to social network and will be dependent on the privacy settings you have chosen on these networks.
Anonymous Visitor Statistics Cookies
Cookies are widely used in online advertising. Neither us, advertisers or our advertising partners can gain personally identifiable information from these cookies. We only work with advertising partners who work to accepted privacy standards such as http://www.youronlinechoices.com/uk/iab-good-practice-principles
You can learn more about online advertising at http://www.youronlinechoices.com . You can opt-out of almost all advertising cookies at http://www.youronlinechoices.com/uk/your-ad-choices although we would prefer that you didn't as ultimately adverts help keep much of the internet free. It is also worth noting that opting out of advertising cookies will not mean you won't see adverts, just simply that they won't be tailored to you any longer.
We fund our site by showing adverts as you browse our site. These adverts are usually managed by a partner specialising in providing adverts for multiple sites. Invariably these partners place cookies to collect anonymous data about the websites you visits so they can personalise the adverts to you, ensure that you don't see the same adverts too frequently and ultimately report to advertisers on which adverts are working. Our partners include:
Turning Cookies Off
You can usually switch cookies off by adjusting your browser settings to stop it from accepting cookies (Learn how here). Doing so however will likely limit the functionality of our's and a large proportion of the world's websites as cookies are a standard part of most modern websites
It may be that you concerns around cookies relate to so called "spyware". Rather than switching off cookies in your browser you may find that anti-spyware software achieves the same objective by automatically deleting cookies considered to be invasive. Learn more about managing cookies with antispyware software.
The cookie information text on this site was derived from content provided by Attacat Internet Marketing http://www.attacat.co.uk/, a marketing agency based in Edinburgh. If you need similar information for your own website you can use their free cookie audit tool.
More about Cookies used on this website.
We track your usage of this website for the purposes of analysing users trends and developing this website. This information is stored in a log file and/or database for future reference. No personal information is collected. The information we collect about your visit is:
- your IP address
- date and time of your entry to our website
- the website which referred you (if any)
- the pages you visited
- the duration you spent on our website
- your operating system your browser and version number
- your screen resolution
- the number of colours your computer uses